Are you a first time cheerleader? Then "Gimme an A" is a great cheer to start with. You can personalize this cheer by changing the letters to spell out the name of your favorite team. Follow along with this cheerleading how-to video to learn the "Gimme an A" cheer.
1. In this cheer we will be using props, in this case signs, with painted letters on them that spell A-T-V, for Activity TV Cheerleaders. This cheer can also be done at home, with one person holding up the signs.
2. The first step to this cheer is to really approach your crowd with your signs. Approaching your crowd means that you're facing the crowd and cheering directly to them. You want them to say the cheer with you!
3. There is always a head cheerleader that guides everyone along in the cheer. But, if you are watching at home, you can be the head cheerleader or you can just follow along.
4. Hold your signs up and yell out our letters. I'm going to call out the letters and we will hold up the signs and yell out the letter you're holding. When you hold up your sign, you really need to punch it up in the air!
5. The next step is to ask everyone what you're spelling! Then yell out A-TV! So, you want to make sure you thrust your letters out as high as you can when you spell out your letters. A-T-V!