What's a football game without a touchdown? And what's a cheer without the right touchdown move? Learn 3 moves that will have you bringing the crowds to their feet! Follow along and learn how-to do t's, touchdowns, and diagonals for cheerleading.
1. This is a hand and arm formation used to motivate the crowd. All you have to do is "punch" both arms in the air to make them look like the goal posts on a football field.
2. A "T" is when you punch both arms out to the side and keep your legs together and straight. Your hands can be in fists or blades (straight and stiff with fingers "glued."
3. For diagonals, take your T formation and move your arms into a diagonal line. That's it!Let's put them together in some cheers.
4. For "D-D-D" Put your arms in a T with your hands in fists. Step back on your right foot and say "D!" If you're by yourself, you can yell all three "Ds". If you have three of you, each one yells one "D," one after the other.
5. Bring your feet together and put your left fist on your left hip. Raise your right arm and bend your elbow to point it towards the sky.
6. Punch your right arm up into the air.
7. First practice the words What Do We Want? T-D! What's That? Touchdown! What Do We Want? T-D! What's That? Touchdown!
8. Start with your hands on your hips.Clap 6 times (in the open-palm blade formation). Then bend your elbows and raise your arms into a touch down move.
9. For the first "O" 1) Start with your hands on your hips. 2) Next raise your right arm towards the sky while your left arm points to the ground. Make sure that your arms are in a diagonal and not straight up and down. 3) Now step your right foot backwards and shout, "O!"
Continue watching the cheerleading video for the rest of the directions. Happy cheering.