A-W-E-S-O-M-E, this cheer has certainly earned its name! Coach Lauren will break down the steps for this pep rally cheer, so you and your friends can get the party started! Follow along in this cheerleading how-to video to learn how to do the Awesome cheer.
1. First, practice the words: The dashes mean you're going to spell out the first "A-W-E-S-O-M-E" A-W-E S-O-M-E AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME ARE WE!
2. Now try the moves: Clap once on the "W" and after the "E." Clap once on the "O" and after the next "E." Clap once on each "Awesome." Clap twice on "Awesome are we."
3. You're going to switch from toe to toe while you clap. We call that prancing. Take your right leg and slightly tap your toe on the ground, then shift your weight to your right leg and tap your left toe to the ground. Keep shifting legs and this will create a prance. You'll feel your weight in the heel of the foot that is NOT pointing.
4. The prance is supposed to be quick and light and match the claps. Now try it with your claps.
5. You never just want to end your cheer and then stand around. You always want to do something that really keeps the crowd pumped up. We are going to do the Spread Eagle!
6. You never just want to end your cheer and then stand around. You always want to do something that really keeps the crowd pumped up. We are going to do the Spread Eagle!
7. Bend your knees while you lower your body. 2. Now straighten your arms above your head with a punch, or "punch up."3. Then jump up and spread out your arms and legs as wide as you can. And that's the ending of this AWESOME pep rally cheer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.